BELOW ARE A FEW TIPS TO KEEP YOUR HAIR LOOKING FABULOUS!
To keep your hair looking great it is very important to only use water based and natural products for your extensions. Adding products (ie., hair spray, etc) containing many harmful ingredients (alcohol) affects the natural state of your hair. Water based products are important, as they add moisture to your hair, not grease.
Just like your real hair, virgin(not chemically processed) hair can also be permed, colored, highlighted, straightened, curled, washed, blow-dried, and just about anything else you can imagine. Keep in mind that just like your real hair, you do not want to over process your virgin hair because it can become dull and lifeless. Virgin hair needs to be cared for just like your natural hair.
DO's & DONT'S
- Brush and de-tangle your hair prior to washing
- Do not cut the wefts or tracks this will cause shedding, if the wefts must be cut please seal with fray check or fray block prior to installing.
- Co-wash hair at least once a week. If your hair feels heavy or oily please use a clarifying shampoo prior to conditioning.
- Wash and condition hair in a downward motion. Do not massage or rub the hair against itself. Use your fingers between the wefts in a horizontal motion to clean your scalp
- Squeeze out excess water and air dry hair. Remember heat can be damaging and will shorten the life span of your extensions
- Gently comb hair with a wide tooth comb. Begin combing small sections at the ends, working up towards the scalp
- It is recommended to let the hair air dry naturally but you may use a blow dryer – set on cool or low heat temperature
- When using styling and heating tools it is very important to use a heat protectant spray.
- Do not put greasy or oily products in your hair
- Prior to going to bed, we recommend you wrap, braid, plait, pin curl or roller set your hair
- DO NOT sleep on wet hair. Make sure your hair is completely dry before going to bed
- Sleep on a satin/silk pillow case or with a satin/silk cap or scarf
- Prior to going swimming wash and leave the conditioner on your hair. This will help prevent the salt water and chlorine from drying out your extensions
- A great mositurizing shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner
- Leave In Moisturizing Treatment
- Natural Hair Oil for hair and scalp
- Wig/paddle or extension hair brush
- Wide tooth comb just for detangling
- Silk bonnet or hair scarf
- Flexirods, flat iron and steam rollers/ curling wand
- Edge control
SHAMPOOS & CONDITIONERS
- Suave Professionals Natural Infusion Conditioner (#1 Reccommendation)
- Herbal Essence Totally Twisted
- TRESemme Moisture Rich
- Pantene Pro V Restoratives
- Organix Moroccan Argan Oil
- Argan Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Hicks Edges
- Olive Oil Edge Control
- Moroccan Oil Frizz Control
- John Frieda Frizz Ease